Movestrips and a Marquee. Finally.
Wednesday November 8, 2023
Drumroll please. The game I finally decided to get movestrips for is…
Something a little weird about these movestrips is how much redundant information is on them. They really wanted you to know about dark force and the “new type of gauge.” It doesn’t really bother me. The fucking awesome marquee up top makes up for it. If the marquee isn’t horny enough for you, I also bought a Morrigan figure to place on top of the cab. I’ll eventually put a matching Lilith on there too. I remove her when games are actually being played because I haven’t secured it with double sided tape yet.
There is currently a CPS3 in there, but it isn’t mine. I wanted to get the stuff for a game I’ll always be able to throw in there. What made me finally bite the bullet and order it all was the fact that I was going to host a Halloween party. You know the garage was looking spooky as hell. Just as I predicted, the guys who actually know how to play hauled ass and scared everyone else away, then they finally decided to just play Third Strike once the fucking MEDIUM PUNCH BUTTON got too annoying.
I bought little sleeves to put the strips in so I don’t have to mess around with tape or some other annoying adhesive. Maybe some day I will buy the strips for Third Strike or some other shit just to have, since it’ll be so easy to swap them.
Anyway, aside from possibly repainting the yellowed plastic, I think I’m done with cosmetics on this thing. Just so you have a complete idea of where I’m at, here is the to do list taken directly from my notes:
- Configure monitors. The P1 side looks a little off but I can’t really put my finger on what’s wrong. I think I need to adjust the flyback, according to some guy on Discord. I don’t really even know what that means.
- CLEAN. All the parts that aren’t visible on the surface are still so nasty.
- Hook Pi up to winner lamps. Details here.
- Ash trays. Pretty low on my list. I already have a cool Akira ashtray. Shout out to James.
- Reconnect that one speaker. I can see the wire just hanging there. One day I will crawl under there again.
- Wrap the internal wires back up. In an effort to discover why the player 2 side buttons were not working, I snipped every single zip tie on the harnesses inside. It all works, but it’s a rat’s nest.
- Repaint plastic. Self explanitory.
I got the Vampire Savior stuff from this guy on eBay and I got the marquee holder + Versus City decals from Arcade Art Repro. I’ve decided that this will be the post where I enable comments for the Versus City posts. Maybe one day I’ll go back and enable them for all the previous posts, but probably not. Comment away.